This article contains the following sections:
- Key summary section
- Key management table
- Confirming or cancelling a key pick up
- Notification types and sharing them with the recipient
- New key grouping filter
- Key status and important information relating to a key
The new Key Management page in the Agency Portal gives you an overview of the key schedule on a rolling 7-day week, scheduled pickups, real-time information about key statuses and much more. This page also replaces the Key Pick Up’s Reports / Key Confirmation pages.
To access the Key Management page, click on "Keys" from the top menu navigation and choose "Key Management" from the dropdown menu.
Key summary section
The date picker/summary section located at the top of the page shows you at a glance, on a rolling 7-day week, the total number of:
- keys that are scheduled for a particular day;
- scheduled pickups by our technicians; and
- unconfirmed keys by the agency.
This section also lets you download a printable key summary which shows you the number of keys yet to be confirmed by the agency.
Key management table
Based on the date you've chosen from the date picker/summary section, this table provides additional information about the scheduled keys such as property/tenant details for the key, key groups, notification type and real-time updated information about the key status.
Importantly, it allows you to confirm or cancel any key pickup as well.
Confirming or cancelling a key pick up
The "ready to collect today" column will allow you to confirm the status of a key 24-hours prior by choosing one of the three options from the "please confirm" dropdown menu. These options are:
- Ready to collect = Key is available and ready
- Key is not available for collection = Key is not available, and the booking will be cancelled and re-scheduled
- Key is no longer assigned to the property = Booking is cancelled, and the property details are required to be updated
You can also click on the "mark all keys ready" button located next to the "ready to collect today" text to confirm that all scheduled pickups are available and ready for collection.
Please make sure to click the "Confirm changes" button located below the table after any actions are made to the "ready to collect" column. This will provide a summary of the changes while requesting you to confirm again.
Important information to note
Once you click the Confirm button located on the bottom right-hand side of the popup, you will no longer be able to make changes to the keys that are either ready to collect or will be cancelled.
Notification types and sharing them with the recipient
The "Notification type" column in the table will provide you with information about how Detector Inspector has arranged a particular key job. The two types of notifications are entry notifications (ENs) and tenant key requests.
To view a particular entry notification that has been sent to the tenant, simply click "Entry notification" and it will open a pop up showing you a copy of the EN.
From here, you can also download a copy and reshare it with a tenant by clicking on the "Download" button located on the top right-hand side corner.
New key grouping filter
The key group column will show you how many groups of keys an agency should be arranging for a scheduled key pickup. You can use the filter option to get an overview of which keys are allocated to which group and the number of groups will correlate with the number of scheduled key pickups for the day.
Any information regarding key groups will also be available to the arriving technician which can be accessed via the technician mobile app.
As it provides real-time information about the key groups and statuses, we recommend logging in the morning to see the upcoming scheduled key pickups for the day.
Any changes that have been made to the key groups will be highlighted in the "Important information section" located on the right-hand side of the table.
Key status and important information relating to a key
The "key status" column will show where the key is and it's status in real-time. These statuses include:
- Not Confirmed = the agency hasn't confirmed that the key is ready for collection. Any key that has not been confirmed will still retain the booking and a technician will likely arrive to collect it
- Ready for pickup = the key is ready to be picked up by our technicians
- Checked Out = a technician has collected the key from the agency
- Returned = the key has been safely returned to the agency
- Cancelled = the agency has cancelled the key pickup
The "important information" column will show any changes made to that key/property including:
- Changes to the key group
- Cancellations from tenant/Detector Inspector
- Bookings converted to appointments
When keys are not available, tenant communications will be updated to advice the tenant that whilst the key is not available the booking will be converted to a door knock and our technicians will attempt to still service the property.