This manual contains the following sections:
- Important Safety Information
- Battery Specification
- Maintenance and Cleaning
- Practice Fire Safety
- Testing the Smoke Alarm
- Important Smoke Alarm Information for Tenants/Residents
Main Power Source: 220-240 V AC
Secondary Power Source: Non-removable, long-life battery. Once the battery loses its charge the whole smoke alarm will need to be replaced.
Important Safety Information
- If the alarm sounds, and it is not being tested, it means the unit detected smoke. The sound of the alarm requires your immediate attention and action.
- Before using the Silence function, identify the source of the smoke and make sure you are safe. After a 10-minute silence, the unit will resume normal operation.
- Do not use an open flame to test your alarm.
This smoke alarm contains a non-removable battery. Once the battery loses charge replace the entire smoke alarm.
Maintenance and Cleaning
This alarm requires periodic cleaning to remove dust, dirt, and debris. Use a vacuum cleaner or soft brush. Clean all sides and covers. Clear the immediate area surrounding the alarm.
Practice Fire Safety
If the alarm sounds, and you have not pushed the test button, it is warning of a dangerous situation, your immediate response is necessary. To prepare for such occurrences, develop a family escape, discuss your fire plan with all household members, and practice it regularly.
Testing the Smoke Alarm
- Test any alarm by depressing the button on the face OR by using artificial smoke.
- When tested, the tested alarm will sound as though there is smoke present; this will occur for a few moments before triggering Slave alarms.
Important Smoke Alarm Information for Tenants/Residents
Your obligations are to:
- Test your smoke alarms periodically by depressing the “Test Button”. You should hear an audible alarm to confirm proper operation.
- Keep all smoke alarms clean and obstruction-free and please remember to never paint the alarms; and
- Avoid deactivating or interfering with smoke alarm operation (other than testing)
If you have issues with your smoke alarms, we’re here to help. Call us on 1300 134 563