Here are some of the frequently asked questions about our upgrade offer. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to submit a request by clicking here.
You will be covered by our standard smoke alarm service for the 12 months following the completion of the upgrade. The next subscription invoice you receive will be for the smoke alarm subscription period starting 12 months after completion of the upgrade.
- Dedicated tenant support hotline and after hours support
- Free callouts for fault investigation, between tenancies
- Free replacement of batteries (where applicable)
- Free replacement of faulty or expired smoke alarms (where supplied by us and under manufacturer’s warranty)
- Digitally recorded time/date and geo-located photos of each smoke alarm
to provide enduring peace of mind
- A Service Report that details the property’s compliance
The new legislation mandates the installation of photoelectric type smoke alarms (instead of ionisation type) for safety reasons. Ionisation smoke alarms may not operate in time to alert the occupants early enough to escape a smouldering fire. Smouldering fires are the major cause of fatalities in house fires.
From 1 January 2022 for dwellings being leased, re-leased or sold (and 1 January 2027 for all other dwellings), smoke alarms must be installed on each storey:
- in each bedroom; and
- in hallways which connect bedrooms and the rest of the dwelling; or
- if there is no hallway, between the bedrooms and other parts of the storey; and
- if there are no bedrooms on a storey, at least one smoke alarm must be installed in the most likely path of travel to exit the dwelling.
Additional information is available in the Smoke Alarm Installation Information Sheet.